Detailed statistics and analysis of the cohort can be found in the publications section of this site. Because it takes some time for research to be published, and cohort numbers do in any case slowly evolve over time, this page provides a short summary of the the numbers of participants in the Airwave Health Monitoring Study cohort. The numbers are believed to be accurate as of 3rd January 2017, but definitive numbers can be relied upon only once analysis is complete.
- The total number of participants in the Airwave Health Monitoring Study is 53,280.
- Of these, we have health-screening data on 45,533 participants and for the balance (7,747) we have an enrolment questionnaire only.
- For 44,331 particants, we have at least one cryogenically-stored biological sample (blood and/or urine).
- Since April 2015 we've been carrying out a follow-up health-screen in selected locations across England and have seen 6,271 participants.
We have carried out genotyping and metabolomic analysis on part of the sample collection and have collected these data:
- Genotyping with an Illumina HumanExome chip: 2,015 samples.
- Genotyping with an Illumina HumanCoreExome chip: 14,733 samples.
- Genotyping with an Affymetrix chip: 4,204 samples.
- Metabolomic analysis on blood and urine for 3,000 samples at the National Phenome Centre.
- Metabolomic analysis on blood alone for 1,000 samples at the National Phenome Centre.
- Metabolomic analysis on blood 2,250 samples at Metabolon.