Airwave Study Publications
These are the publications in scientific journals which have resulted or benefited from the data or samples collected by the Airwave Study. The first section is a list of papers published by the Study itself or its close collaborators who have used the Airwave samples and / or data as their primary resource. The second sections lists those publications that have acknowledged a contribution made by the Airwave Health Monitoring Study.
- Evangelou, E., et al. (2018). "Genetic analysis of over 1 million people identifies 535 new loci associated with blood pressure traits." Nature Genetics. DOI: 10.1038/s41588-018-0205-x.
- Vergnaud, A. C., et al. (2018). Estimation of TETRA radio use in the Airwave Health Monitoring Study of the British police forces. Environmental Research, Volume 167, November 2018, Pages 169-174. DOI: 10.1016/j.envres.2018.07.015.
- Davies G et al (2018). Study of 300,486 individuals identifies 148 independent genetic loci influencing general cognitive function. Nat Commun. 2018 May 29;9(1):2098. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-04362-x
- Eriksen et al. Nutrient profiling and adherence to components of the UK national dietary guidelines association with metabolic risk factors for CVD and diabetes: Airwave Health Monitoring Study. British Journal of Nutrition (2017). DOI: 10.1017/S0007114518000016.
- Turcot, V., et al. (2018). "Protein-altering variants associated with body mass index implicate pathways that control energy intake and expenditure in obesity." Nature Genetics 50(1): 26-41. DOI: 10.1038/s41588-017-0011-x.
- Sung et al. A Large-Scale Multi-ancestry Genome-wide Study Accounting for Smoking Behavior Identifies Multiple Significant Loci for Blood Pressure. American Journal of Human Genetics (2018). DOI: 10.1016/j.ajhg.2018.01.015.
- Gibson, R., et al.. A cross-sectional investigation into the occupational and socio-demographic characteristics of British police force employees reporting a dietary pattern associated with cardiometabolic risk: findings from the Airwave Health Monitoring Study. Eur J Nutr (2017). DOI: 10.1007/s00394-017-1562-4
, et al Dietary assessment of British police force employees: a description of diet record coding procedures and cross-sectional evaluation of dietary energy intake reporting (The Airwave Health Monitoring Study)
- Marouli E, Graff M, Medina-Gomez C, et al. (2017) Rare and low-frequency coding variants alter human adult height. Nature. 2017;542(7640):186-190. doi.org/10.1038/nature21039
- Warren, H. R., et al. (2017). Genome-wide association analysis identifies novel blood pressure loci and offers biological insights into cardiovascular risk. Nature Genetics 49(3): 403-415. doi.org/10.1038/ng.3768
- Burgess, A. P., et al. (2016). Acute Exposure to Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) has effects on the electroencephalogram and electrocardiogram, consistent with vagal nerve stimulation. Environmental Research 150: 461-469.
- Chami, N., et al. (2016). Exome Genotyping Identifies Pleiotropic Variants Associated with Red Blood Cell Traits. American Journal of Human Genetics 99(1): 8-21.
- Eicher, J. D., et al. (2016). Platelet-Related Variants Identified by Exomechip Meta-analysis in 157,293 Individuals. American Journal of Human Genetics 99(1): 40-55.
- Schumann, G., et al. (2016). KLB is associated with alcohol drinking, and its gene product beta-Klotho is necessary for FGF21 regulation of alcohol preference. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113(50): 14372-14377.
- Surendran, P., et al. (2016). Trans-ancestry meta-analyses identify rare and common variants associated with blood pressure and hypertension. Nature Genetics 48(10): 1151-1161.
- Tajuddin, S. M., et al. (2016). Large-Scale Exome-wide Association Analysis Identifies Loci for White Blood Cell Traits and Pleiotropy with Immune-Mediated Diseases. American Journal of Human Genetics 99(1): 22-39.
- van Leeuwen, E. M., et al. (2016). Meta-analysis of 49 549 individuals imputed with the 1000 Genomes Project reveals an exonic damaging variant in ANGPTL4 determining fasting TG levels. J Med Genet 53(7): 441-449.
- Ehret GB, Ferreira T, Chasman DI, et al. (2016). The genetics of blood pressure regulation and its target organs from association studies in 342,415 individuals. Nat Genet. 2016 Oct;48(10):1171-84. doi: 10.1038/ng.3667. PubMed PMID: 27618452; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5042863.
- Blaise, B. J., et al. (2016). Power Analysis and Sample Size Determination in Metabolic Phenotyping. Analytical Chemistry 88(10): 5179-5188.
- Lewis, M. R., et al. (2016). Development and Application of Ultra-Performance Liquid Chromatography-TOF MS for Precision Large Scale Urinary Metabolic Phenotyping. Analytical Chemistry 88(18): 9004-9013.
- Vergnaud, A. C., et al. (2016). Validation of objective records and misreporting of personal radio use in a cohort of British Police forces (the Airwave Health Monitoring Study). Environmental Research 148: 367-375.
- Elliott, P., et al. (2014). The Airwave Health Monitoring Study of police officers and staff in Great Britain: rationale, design and methods. Environ. Res 134: 280-285. DOI: 10.1016/j.envres.2014.07.025.
Proceedings from Conferences
- Gibson, R., et al. (2016). Sex differences in the relationship between work patterns and diet in British police force employees: a nested cross-sectional study. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society 75(Oce1): E20-E20.
- Epstein, S., et al. (2014). Numerical assessment of the stiffness index. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2014: 1969-1972.